Qualitative Research Refined
October 24 - 27 2016
Wilson Centre is proud to continue its support of qualitative research in the health professions by offering a four-day intensive program in intermediate-level qualitative research. Participants will have the opportunity to hone their research skills in this dynamic and interactive program led by some of the world’s most respected health professions education qualitative researchers.
- Building on their foundational understanding of epistemology, methodology, theory and methods, participants will learn to apply their knowledge to conduct sophisticated and rigorous qualitative research.
- Guiding participants through the challenges of doing qualitative research in health profession education, with a focus on balancing rigour and relevance and methodological flexibility.
- Analysis and synthesis: how do data become meaningful findings?
- Exploring Challenges in publishing and presenting qualitative research
If you are interested in attending the Atelier please submit an application via email [email@example.com].
This program requires familiarity with the theoretical underpinnings of qualitative research. Participation in a previous Wilson Centre Atelier in qualitative research is encouraged but not required. In your application, please include:
- A current Curriculum Vitae
- A cover letter describing your experience with qualitative research and your reasons for applying.
- A sample of a completed study or work in progress that best exemplifies your qualitative research background (i.e. published article, manuscript, course paper, thesis, research proposal or grant submission).
Selection Process: Successful candidates will be notified a week or two after receipt of application.
Registration begins January 2016
There will be a limit of 25 participants
Fee: $3,000 (CDN)/person
Notes: Course material & breakfast/lunch provided. Fee does not include accommodation. Partial attendance and fees are not available.