Research Analyst, The Wilson Centre
November 24, 2016
The Wilson Centre, University Health Network is looking to hire a Temporary Research Analystfor 6 months (up to 15 hours per week). The RA is to assist with the data analysis and management of a research project in the field of health professions and health professions education research. The project is involved in mixed methods research.
- Bachelors Degree;
- 1 year related experience;
- Experience using statistical analysis and data management software applications, preferred;
- Strong verbal and written communication skills;
- Strong organizational abilities, including the ability to manage deadlines across several projects.
The Research Analyst 1:
- Applies general research principles, concepts and techniques relating to data collection and management to perform well-defined tasks and analyses.
- Exercises moderate judgment and decision-making, using established policies and procedures, to resolve problems.
- Seeks direction on choice of work methods and resolution of more complex problems (e.g., questionnaire administration).
- Seeks approval for work results and conformity to assignment objectives.
- Works under direction.
- Work is reviewed periodically to ensure conformity to established standards.
- Leads self and demonstrates willingness to learn.
- Interacts with both internal and external contacts primarily for the purposes of exchanging information within scope of authority.
- Demonstrates core competency in written and verbal communications.
- Conducts telephone and/or clinical recruitment interviews to collect study participant data using established criteria.
- Prepares detailed notes of all interactions with participants and transfers data to appropriate systems.
- Assists in the modification and maintenance of electronic and paper data management systems.
- Coordinates necessary data flow both internally, as well as externally with collaborators from other sites.
- May participate in qualitative analyses of data collected from patients.
- May assist in interpretation of results and preparation of material for presentation, publication and/or grants.
- May conduct literature searches.
This is a temporary hourly position, up to 15 hours per week for a 6-month period. Salary will be commensurate with previous experience and will align with University Health Network Human Resources salary ranges.
The Research Analyst will start work early January or as early as possible.
Interested persons should submit a letter of application, curriculum vitae via email to Dr. WalterTavares, c/o Mariana Arteaga email@example.com by December 15, 2016.